Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 19, 2017
- Protecting children: Being our brother’s keeper
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 12, 2017
- Protecting children: Taking stock of stereotypes
- Faith leaders’ ongoing reaction to Trump ban on refugees
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 5, 2017
- Protecting children: U.S. bishops’ staffer heads to Rome for specialized studies
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Jan. 29, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Jan. 22, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Jan. 15, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: WYD
Bishop James D. Conley of Lincoln, Neb. discusses the importance of World Youth Day for young Brazilians in the context of the recent political demonstrations.
RIO DE JANEIRO — For media traveling with the resting Pope Francis, today was site visit day. Despite sometimes heavy rain, hundreds of workers were busy putting the almost-final touches on facilities at Guaratiba, re-baptized Campo Fidei. The field is … Continue reading
A look at the site of Pope Francis’ first public liturgy for WYD 2013, the Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, the world’s largest Marian shrine.
Professor Rachel Nigro of the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro discusses the recent wave of protests across Brazil and how the pope’s visit to the country might impact national politics.
U.S. pilgrims in Rio discuss their expectations for World Youth Day 2013.
Brazilian Catholics renew their faith when they open their homes to volunteers helping to run World Youth Day 2013.
A look at the Franciscan hospital Pope Francis will visit during his trip to Rio de Janeiro for World Youth Day.