Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 19, 2017
- Protecting children: Being our brother’s keeper
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 12, 2017
- Protecting children: Taking stock of stereotypes
- Faith leaders’ ongoing reaction to Trump ban on refugees
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 5, 2017
- Protecting children: U.S. bishops’ staffer heads to Rome for specialized studies
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Jan. 29, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Jan. 22, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Jan. 15, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: WYD
Pope Francis heard confessions, took a popemobile ride, recited the Angelus, and lunched with youths in Rio de Janeiro July 26.
Pope Francis was welcomed to Copacabana beach for World Youth Day with song, dance, and drama July 25.
Originally posted on CNS at Rio 2013:
We love our readers, especially those who connect to us via social media. We had this exchange with some of them earlier this morning: ——————————— https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/360743512741916672 https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/360753431033544707 https://twitter.com/vaticonnections/status/360754150356697088 https://twitter.com/Osborne/status/360757362878988290 https://twitter.com/sadlynotbatman/status/360759223644205057 https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/360760311139147776 https://twitter.com/sadlynotbatman/status/360760840036696067 https://twitter.com/EgTwaddle/status/360763333923704833
RIO DE JANEIRO — The rain and the wind did not dampen the spirits of hundreds of thousands of World Youth Day participants this evening and they didn’t dampen the pope’s either. In fact, he seemed in no hurry to … Continue reading
Cardinal Dolan discusses Pope Francis’ visit to St. Francis of Assisi Hospital in Rio de Janeiro.
Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan discusses the challenges that face a successful World Youth Day.
A look at Pope Francis’ visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida.