Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, March 26, 2017
- Protecting children: Warning signs of potential abusers
- Mother Mary: The merciful, mischievous interceder in Italian legends
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, March 19, 2017
- Protecting children: How loving families, strong social support can help
- Two saints’ feasts ‘can cure our amnesia’ on immigration
- Wanted: Humble shepherd, clear communicator, world traveler
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, March 12, 2017
- Protecting children: Overcoming resistance to usher in positive change
- Pope Francis’ words on women
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: WYD
Pope Francis heard confessions, took a popemobile ride, recited the Angelus, and lunched with youths in Rio de Janeiro July 26.
Pope Francis was welcomed to Copacabana beach for World Youth Day with song, dance, and drama July 25.
Originally posted on CNS at Rio 2013:
We love our readers, especially those who connect to us via social media. We had this exchange with some of them earlier this morning: ——————————— https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/360743512741916672 https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/360753431033544707 https://twitter.com/vaticonnections/status/360754150356697088 https://twitter.com/Osborne/status/360757362878988290 https://twitter.com/sadlynotbatman/status/360759223644205057 https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/360760311139147776 https://twitter.com/sadlynotbatman/status/360760840036696067 https://twitter.com/EgTwaddle/status/360763333923704833
RIO DE JANEIRO — The rain and the wind did not dampen the spirits of hundreds of thousands of World Youth Day participants this evening and they didn’t dampen the pope’s either. In fact, he seemed in no hurry to … Continue reading
Cardinal Dolan discusses Pope Francis’ visit to St. Francis of Assisi Hospital in Rio de Janeiro.
Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan discusses the challenges that face a successful World Youth Day.
A look at Pope Francis’ visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida.