Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, April 23, 2017
- Welcome God’s love and share with others, especially the most vulnerable, says USCCB president
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, April 16, 2017
- Capturing the emotion of Christ’s final hours
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, April 9, 2017
- U.S. faced ‘months of fiery trial and sacrifice’ in Great War
- Protecting children: Being aware of how sex offenders “groom” their victims
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, April 2, 2017
- Protecting children: Learning to listen to the voiceless
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, March 26, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: WYD
VATICAN CITY — The Vatican and the Archdiocese of Krakow — host of WYD 2016 — unveiled today the official logo and prayer for the international youth gathering that’s set for July 26-31, two years from now. Both the prayer … Continue reading
Monday Oct. 21, UPDATE and CORRECTION: First a correction from an attentive Facebook fan who sent us a link showing how the cap swap custom goes way back before our 21st-century popes. I also heard back from one of the … Continue reading
Catholic News Service looks at the impact of the first Latin American pope’s visit to his native continent.
A Saturday night vigil and Sunday morning Mass conclude World Youth Day 2013 in Rio de Janeiro.
RIO DE JANEIRO (CNS) — Speaking to political, economic and cultural leaders of a Brazil recently shaken by mass anti-government protests, Pope Francis called for a “culture of encounter” and said dialogue is the only way to promote social peace. … Continue reading
Youths follow the Way of the Cross during a World Youth Day dramatization of the Passion July 26.
RIO DE JANEIRO — With his cross and resurrection, Christ promises to walk with and ease the burden of every suffering person, whether that suffering comes from violence, addiction, a broken family, hunger, persecution or the death of a loved … Continue reading