Recent CNS Blog posts
- Puerto Rico: ‘An unprecedented level of need’
- Historic Tomb of Michelangelo and altarpiece in dire need of repairs
- A look back at the Legion of Decency
- Jamboree called ‘life-changing event’ for youths, adults
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 23, 2017
- John C. Quinn tended to the ‘least of these’ in U.S. newsrooms
- Some cheese with your ‘whine’: Pope ‘establishes’ complaint-free zone
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 16, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 9, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 2, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: papal trip
A look at Pope Francis’ visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida.
Bishop James D. Conley of Lincoln, Neb. discusses the importance of World Youth Day for young Brazilians in the context of the recent political demonstrations.
RIO DE JANEIRO — For media traveling with the resting Pope Francis, today was site visit day. Despite sometimes heavy rain, hundreds of workers were busy putting the almost-final touches on facilities at Guaratiba, re-baptized Campo Fidei. The field is … Continue reading
A look at the site of Pope Francis’ first public liturgy for WYD 2013, the Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, the world’s largest Marian shrine.
Professor Rachel Nigro of the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro discusses the recent wave of protests across Brazil and how the pope’s visit to the country might impact national politics.
U.S. pilgrims in Rio discuss their expectations for World Youth Day 2013.
Brazilian Catholics renew their faith when they open their homes to volunteers helping to run World Youth Day 2013.