Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: papal trip
VATICAN CITY — So far, Pope Francis has done impromptu interviews with journalists on a plane, in written correspondence and at his Vatican residence. Now he’s done his first “red carpet” interview — responding to a TV reporter who squeezed … Continue reading
VATICAN CITY — We all know how the pope likes to set aside his prepared text and speak heart-to-heart to his audience. It looks like he will be doing a bit of the same during his Oct. 4 trip to … Continue reading
VATICAN CITY — On the feast of St. Francis of Assisi tomorrow, Pope Francis will be visiting the birthplace of his namesake and following in the saint’s footsteps. For those who want to follow the all-day event Oct. 4 online, the … Continue reading
Catholic News Service looks at the impact of the first Latin American pope’s visit to his native continent.
Pope Francis told reporters on his flight from Rio to Rome that women cannot be ordained as priests, but that they are “more important than bishops and priests.” What does that mean? Earlier this year, the papal theologian explained the … Continue reading
A Saturday night vigil and Sunday morning Mass conclude World Youth Day 2013 in Rio de Janeiro.
RIO DE JANEIRO (CNS) — Speaking to political, economic and cultural leaders of a Brazil recently shaken by mass anti-government protests, Pope Francis called for a “culture of encounter” and said dialogue is the only way to promote social peace. … Continue reading