Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 26, 2017
- Protecting children: Healing needs listening, respect, justice
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 19, 2017
- Protecting children: Being our brother’s keeper
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 12, 2017
- Protecting children: Taking stock of stereotypes
- Faith leaders’ ongoing reaction to Trump ban on refugees
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Feb. 5, 2017
- Protecting children: U.S. bishops’ staffer heads to Rome for specialized studies
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, Jan. 29, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Category Archives: Latin America
By David Agren BUENOS AIRES, Argentina — The San Lorenzo soccer club stumbled toward the final of its Argentine season in December. It drew its final match, but the other clubs finished in such a way that San Lorenzo won … Continue reading
VATICAN CITY — A year-ago today, as the world’s cardinals solemnly filed into the Sistine Chapel to elect a new pope, news outlets, blogs and betting sites were abuzz with papal prognostications. I wanted to take an informal stab at … Continue reading
By David Agren BUENOS AIRES, Argentina — As archbishop of the Argentine capital, Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio clashed with President Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner and her late husband, former President Nestor Kirchner. Shortly after being the cardinal was elected pope, however, … Continue reading
Catholic News Service looks at the impact of the first Latin American pope’s visit to his native continent.
A Saturday night vigil and Sunday morning Mass conclude World Youth Day 2013 in Rio de Janeiro.
RIO DE JANEIRO (CNS) — Speaking to political, economic and cultural leaders of a Brazil recently shaken by mass anti-government protests, Pope Francis called for a “culture of encounter” and said dialogue is the only way to promote social peace. … Continue reading
Cardinal Dolan discusses Pope Francis’ visit to St. Francis of Assisi Hospital in Rio de Janeiro.