Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, April 23, 2017
- Welcome God’s love and share with others, especially the most vulnerable, says USCCB president
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, April 16, 2017
- Capturing the emotion of Christ’s final hours
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, April 9, 2017
- U.S. faced ‘months of fiery trial and sacrifice’ in Great War
- Protecting children: Being aware of how sex offenders “groom” their victims
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, April 2, 2017
- Protecting children: Learning to listen to the voiceless
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, March 26, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: July 2013
A look at Pope Francis’ visit to the Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida.
Bishop James D. Conley of Lincoln, Neb. discusses the importance of World Youth Day for young Brazilians in the context of the recent political demonstrations.
Editor’s Note: Msgr. John B. Brady is a retired priest of the Archdiocese of Washington. He became a Scout in 1942 and has served in the Scouting movement as a youth and an adult for 71 years. He has participated … Continue reading
RIO DE JANEIRO — For media traveling with the resting Pope Francis, today was site visit day. Despite sometimes heavy rain, hundreds of workers were busy putting the almost-final touches on facilities at Guaratiba, re-baptized Campo Fidei. The field is … Continue reading
A look at the site of Pope Francis’ first public liturgy for WYD 2013, the Shrine of Our Lady of Aparecida, the world’s largest Marian shrine.
A look at Pope Francis’ welcome to the city of Rio de Janeiro.
Professor Rachel Nigro of the Pontifical Catholic University of Rio de Janeiro discusses the recent wave of protests across Brazil and how the pope’s visit to the country might impact national politics.