Recent CNS Blog posts
- Puerto Rico: ‘An unprecedented level of need’
- Historic Tomb of Michelangelo and altarpiece in dire need of repairs
- A look back at the Legion of Decency
- Jamboree called ‘life-changing event’ for youths, adults
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 23, 2017
- John C. Quinn tended to the ‘least of these’ in U.S. newsrooms
- Some cheese with your ‘whine’: Pope ‘establishes’ complaint-free zone
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 16, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 9, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 2, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: July 2013
RIO DE JANEIRO — With his cross and resurrection, Christ promises to walk with and ease the burden of every suffering person, whether that suffering comes from violence, addiction, a broken family, hunger, persecution or the death of a loved … Continue reading
Pope Francis heard confessions, took a popemobile ride, recited the Angelus, and lunched with youths in Rio de Janeiro July 26.
Pope Francis was welcomed to Copacabana beach for World Youth Day with song, dance, and drama July 25.
Originally posted on CNS at Rio 2013:
We love our readers, especially those who connect to us via social media. We had this exchange with some of them earlier this morning: ——————————— https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/360743512741916672 https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/360753431033544707 https://twitter.com/vaticonnections/status/360754150356697088 https://twitter.com/Osborne/status/360757362878988290 https://twitter.com/sadlynotbatman/status/360759223644205057 https://twitter.com/CatholicNewsSvc/status/360760311139147776 https://twitter.com/sadlynotbatman/status/360760840036696067 https://twitter.com/EgTwaddle/status/360763333923704833
RIO DE JANEIRO — The rain and the wind did not dampen the spirits of hundreds of thousands of World Youth Day participants this evening and they didn’t dampen the pope’s either. In fact, he seemed in no hurry to … Continue reading
Cardinal Dolan discusses Pope Francis’ visit to St. Francis of Assisi Hospital in Rio de Janeiro.
Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan discusses the challenges that face a successful World Youth Day.