Recent CNS Blog posts
- Puerto Rico: ‘An unprecedented level of need’
- Historic Tomb of Michelangelo and altarpiece in dire need of repairs
- A look back at the Legion of Decency
- Jamboree called ‘life-changing event’ for youths, adults
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 23, 2017
- John C. Quinn tended to the ‘least of these’ in U.S. newsrooms
- Some cheese with your ‘whine’: Pope ‘establishes’ complaint-free zone
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 16, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 9, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 2, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: July 2013
Just as Catholic News Service was reporting July 25 on the work of local groups in Ohio on efforts to help teenage human trafficking victims, the FBI was preparing to mount its own rescue mission. Over the weekend, federal and local … Continue reading
Catholic News Service looks at the impact of the first Latin American pope’s visit to his native continent.
Pope Francis told reporters on his flight from Rio to Rome that women cannot be ordained as priests, but that they are “more important than bishops and priests.” What does that mean? Earlier this year, the papal theologian explained the … Continue reading
ABOARD THE PAPAL FLIGHT FROM BRAZIL — Although he had told reporters on the way to Brazil that he did not like giving interviews, on the way back to Rome July 28 Pope Francis spent more than 80 minutes responding … Continue reading
A Saturday night vigil and Sunday morning Mass conclude World Youth Day 2013 in Rio de Janeiro.
RIO DE JANEIRO (CNS) — Speaking to political, economic and cultural leaders of a Brazil recently shaken by mass anti-government protests, Pope Francis called for a “culture of encounter” and said dialogue is the only way to promote social peace. … Continue reading
Youths follow the Way of the Cross during a World Youth Day dramatization of the Passion July 26.