Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: February 2013
Ellen Grady, a Catholic Worker from Ithaca, N.Y., doesn’t like the idea that war has come home to her backyard. The war is the country’s war on terror. The place where it is being waged is the Hancock Field Air … Continue reading
VATICAN CITY — Almost nothing is normal at the Vatican these days. I was surprised this morning that Pope Benedict XVI’s meeting with Romanian President Traian Basescu seemed so much like any other audience with a visiting head of state … Continue reading
Cardinals Edwin F. O’Brien and Theodore E. McCarrick spoke to Catholic News Service today about their reactions to the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI and the qualities the next pope will need to have.
VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI began his weekly general audience this morning with the following remarks in Italian: “Dear brothers and sisters, As you know, I decided to renounce the ministry that the Lord entrusted to me April 19, … Continue reading
Cardinal Francis Arinze, prefect emeritus of the Congregation for Divine Worship, reacts to Pope Benedict XVI’s decision to resign.
VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI has a pacemaker and has had it “for some time,” the Vatican spokesman said. The battery recently was changed, but that had nothing to do with the pope’s decision to resign, he added. Jesuit … Continue reading
Por Carol Glatz y Cindy Wooden Catholic News Service CIUDAD DEL VATICANO (CNS) — Diciendo que ya no tiene la fortaleza para ejercer el ministerio sobre la iglesia universal, el papa Benedicto XVI anunció el 11 de febrero que estará … Continue reading