Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: July 2012
VATICAN CITY — Irish missionary Brother Colm O’Connell won’t be in London for the Olympic Games even though — once again — one of his former students is expected to win an Olympic gold in track. Brother Colm coached David … Continue reading
Tonight four students from The Catholic University of America are leaving Washington for Tel Aviv on their way to the Summer Olympics in London as part of a campaign to persuade the International Olympics Committee to consider a minute of … Continue reading
Bangladeshi Catholics in the United States have been welcoming one of their own this month. Archbishop Patrick D’Rozario of Dhaka, Bangladesh, has visited Bangladeshi Catholic communities along the U.S. East Coast since arriving July 3 from the Vatican, where he … Continue reading
I ran across a moving story that Bishop Ricardo Ramirez of Las Cruces, N.M., shared about his late grandmother — he called her Panchita — when he visited the StoryCorps crew in Mesilla, N.M. recently. He related a story from … Continue reading
The danger of war erupting between South Sudan, the world’s youngest nation, and Sudan is very real. Tensions have been rising almost since the day South Sudan gained its independence July 9, 2011. At issue: the tenuous border between the … Continue reading
Do you know the story behind Pope Benedict’s admiration of his sainted namesake?
(Editor’s note: Updated July 5) Full story: Religious liberty is ‘a foundational right,’ says Archbishop Chaput Yesterday, on Independence Day, in his homily for the closing Mass of the U.S. bishops’ “fortnight for freedom,” Philadelphia Archbishop Charles J. Chaput said the … Continue reading