Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Here’s the second in our two-part video series from our interview with the 96-year-old former personal secretary to Blessed John XXIII, Archbishop Loris Capovilla. (In Part 1, if you missed it, the Italian archbishop spoke on the pope’s decision to convene the … Continue reading
At a used book sale at a Bethesda, Md., high school not too long ago, I spied a book by a writer named Allan Temko titled “Notre-Dame of Paris: The Biography of a Cathedral,” published by Viking in 1955. It … Continue reading
President Barack Obama’s support for same-sex marriage — announced yesterday afternoon, a day before a political fundraiser in Hollywood — is “deeply saddening,” said New York Cardinal Timothy M. Dolan, president of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops. He said … Continue reading
Ever since Pinterest, a digital bulletin board, debuted a couple of years ago, individuals, organizations and businesses have found creative ways to show off their wares, wants, services or work. Pinterest, the latest craze in social media, operates much like … Continue reading
By Bridget Kelly Catholic News Service VATICAN CITY — I never thought I would study abroad in Italy. I also never thought I would intern in one of the holiest places in the world. However after being chosen to participate … Continue reading
By Bridget Kelly Catholic News Service ROME — The month of May is associated with motherhood and new life, and the church dedicates the month to honoring and praising the Virgin Mary. Marian shrines in Rome receive special attention during … Continue reading
Don’t miss this week’s Vatican Report video from our Rome bureau featuring an interview with the colorful, 96-year-old former personal secretary to Blessed John XXIII, Archbishop Loris Capovilla, on the pope’s decision to convene the Second Vatican Council.