Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: May 2012
Determining how best to begin lifting Haitians out of the extreme poverty has vexed the world for years. This weekend, representatives of some of the largest Catholic agencies in the U.S. and elsewhere will meet with Haitian church officials to … Continue reading
You’ve seen his stories from Gaza, Libya, Honduras and Sudan. Paul Jeffrey has been writing and taking photographs of the world’s hot spots for Catholic News Service for years. But what many do not know is that he is also … Continue reading
There is an old French saying, “The more things change, the more things stay the same.” This might be said for the tough divisions that the Catholic community is feeling these days with other Christians, with non-Christians, and even among … Continue reading
VATICAN CITY — Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi today confirmed what had already been splashed across the press yesterday: that Paolo Gabriele, the pope’s private assistant, has been arrested after private documents were found in his possession. The dark-haired assistant … Continue reading
By Judith Sudilovsky JERUSALEM — Swiss Cardinal Kurt Koch, president of the Pontifical Commission for Religious Relations With the Jews, was warmly welcomed by a largely Jewish audience to an intimate gathering focusing on Jewish-Catholic relations. Sharing the stage with … Continue reading
Check out this video, posted this month by our Rome bureau, on the street shrines dedicated to Mary that are all over the city.
(Update on Wednesday, May 16: CNS STORY: Vatican says reconciliation talks with SSPX still ongoing) Watch parts of our exclusive interview with Bishop Bernard Fellay, superior general of the Society of St. Pius X, at the society’s headquarters in Menzingen, Switzerland. … Continue reading