Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 21, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: May 2011
Students at the John Paul II Catholic Newman Center at Illinois State University want your vote so they can sing the song they composed for World Youth Day in Madrid in August. Their entry — called “Planted ” — is one … Continue reading
Catholics can join in solidarity with hungry Americans for the next year through a new First Friday program designed to help raise awareness about food insecurity in the U.S. Called First Fridays for Food Security, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops’ … Continue reading
Our friends at ucanews.com have done a fine job reporting from Pakistan in the aftermath of the death of Osama bin Laden. Check out these photos, captured by Kamran Chaudry in Abbottabad, Pakistan.
Members of faith-based community groups are targeting three of the country’s biggest banks this month for what they consider is the banks’ lack of response to homeowner requests to modify mortgage payment plans. In particular, the groups — under the … Continue reading
VATICAN CITY — The Vatican said the killing of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden, a man who sowed division and hatred and who caused “innumerable” deaths, should prompt serious reflection about one’s responsibility before God. A Christian “never rejoices” in … Continue reading
ROME — U.S. Ambassador to the Vatican Miguel Diaz hosted a small reception at his residence last night to celebrate Blessed Pope John Paul II’s beatification. The gathering included several U.S. cardinals and three former ambassadors: Jim Nicholson, Francis Rooney … Continue reading
VATICAN CITY — “John Paul II is blessed because of his faith — a strong, generous and apostolic faith,” Pope Benedict XVI said just minutes after formally beatifying his predecessor. Italian police estimated there were more than 1 million people … Continue reading