Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: February 2010
A Catholic hospital in the earthquake-ravaged capital of Haiti is getting a boost in its effort to rebuild from two U.S.-based health care systems with strong Catholic connections. Catholic Health East in Newton Square, Pa., and BayCare Health Systems in … Continue reading
Today is Ash Wednesday, and to help you get the season off to the right start we offer this reflection for the day by Basilian Father Tom Rosica, the head of Salt + Light Television, Canada’s national Catholic television outlet. … Continue reading
Remember this from last year? Malassadas on Shrove Tuesday — yum! Here in the eastern U.S. you still have a couple hours to enjoy them. Have at it!
VATICAN CITY — Pope Benedict XVI met with 24 Irish bishops at the Vatican during a two-day, closed-door meeting yesterday and today. The summit focused on the Irish church’s handling of sex abuse by priests against minors. Here is the … Continue reading
The Catholic Sentinel, newspaper of the Archdiocese of Portland, Ore., reports that the University of Portland has announced a new initiative to make its campus more sustainable: It will no longer sell or use disposable water bottles. According to the … Continue reading
VATICAN CITY — “It’s SNOWING,” the 7:51 a.m. text message from CNS reporter Cindy Wooden proclaimed. I rolled out of bed and headed with excitement to St. Peter’s Square, a mere seven-minute walk from my apartment near the Vatican. But … Continue reading
Whatever you want to call it, we here in Washington want to call the whole thing off. I guess the prognosticators got it right when they predicted the snowstorm that hit the Washington region last Friday would come back again, delivering … Continue reading