The past 40 years have been a troubled era for the church in America.
Catholic commentator Russell Shaw knows all about that. Indeed, few people have been more intimately acquainted with the ups and downs of these turbulent times than Shaw, a former spokesman for the U.S. bishops’ conference.
Recent CNS Blog posts
- Protecting children: Warning signs of potential abusers
- Mother Mary: The merciful, mischievous interceder in Italian legends
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, March 19, 2017
- Protecting children: How loving families, strong social support can help
- Two saints’ feasts ‘can cure our amnesia’ on immigration
- Wanted: Humble shepherd, clear communicator, world traveler
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, March 12, 2017
- Protecting children: Overcoming resistance to usher in positive change
- Pope Francis’ words on women
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, March 5, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets