Posted on January 2, 2009 by Administrator1
This monthly list typically is just about CNS news stories. But for December there’s one exception not included below: If this list included film reviews, the movie “Doubt” would also be here in the top 10. And since the review was released on Dec. 12, before many people knew that the subject of the story is suspected priestly sex abuse of a child, you may want to click on the link above to see what the U.S. bishops’ Office for Film and Broadcasting thought of the movie.
Other than that, here’s this month’s list, in case you missed any of these stories. I would particularly recommend No. 1 on this list, which came to us from The Pilot, Boston archdiocesan paper.
1. Couple say rosary, prayers helped them survive ordeal at Mumbai hotel (Dec. 4).
2. Vatican makes clear its opposition to U.N. homosexuality declaration (Dec. 2).
3. Archbishop asks for tolerance of differing views in same-sex debate (Dec. 3).
4. U.S. dioceses prepare for gloomy economic forecast, pray for the best (Dec. 18).
5. Pope gives Curia treats, heavy 2008 analysis to chew on for Christmas (Dec. 22).
6. Vatican mum on newspaper report of pope’s visit to Holy Land May 8-15 (Dec. 16).
7. Church opposes considering homosexuality a crime, spokesman says (Dec. 11).
8. Cardinal Dulles dies at 90; Jesuit theologian made a cardinal in ’01 (Dec. 15).
9. More women leaders needed at the Vatican, says Cherie Blair (Dec. 15).
10. Cardinal Dulles remembered as ‘priest’s priest’ at New York funeral (Dec. 19).
Filed under: clients, CNS