Who says August is a dead month for news? Here’s the list of our most popular stories for August from our main Web site, catholicnews.com, with links in case you missed any of them. You’ll see that political issues dominated the bottom half of this most-viewed list, while No. 3 through No. 6 and No. 10 attest to the popularity of Pope Benedict XVI.
1. No ‘Yahweh’ in songs, prayers at Catholic Masses, Vatican rules (Aug. 12).
2. Priest to meet Maryknoll leaders over role in Womenpriests’ ceremony (Aug. 14).
3. Heaven is God, not an imaginary place, Pope Benedict says (Aug. 15).
4. Pope approves beatification of St. Therese’s parents in Lisieux (Aug. 19).
5. Pope says his most important task is to pray for church, world (Aug. 13).
6. Ten texts help crack pope’s pontificate, mission, ministry (May 30).
7. Biden on Obama ticket: a Catholic with mixed record on church issues (Aug. 23).
8. Delaware bishops have been low-key with Biden’s church involvement (Aug. 27).
9. Bishops say Pelosi misrepresented abortion teaching in TV interview (Aug. 27).
10. Pope urges church to help overcome racism in modern society (Aug. 18).
This entry was posted in 2008 election
. Bookmark the permalink