Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Daily Archives: July 18, 2008
(Editor’s update: Full story here) SYDNEY, Australia — During his homily at a Saturday Mass specifically for Australian bishops, priests, religious, seminarians and novices, Pope Benedict XVI apologized for instances of clerical sexual abuse. Expanding on the apology in his prepared … Continue reading
Here are today’s highlights over at the CNS World Youth Day blog and on the CNS homepage for WYD stories: — I’ve probably learned more this week about the history of Aborigines in Australia than in my entire life thanks to … Continue reading
July 25 marks the 40th anniversary of “Humanae Vitae” (“Of Human Life”), Pope Paul VI’s encyclical on the regulation of birth. The document has been the subject of much discussion and reflection in Catholic newspapers across the country, including my CNS … Continue reading
As the price of gasoline and groceries continues to soar, social agencies are feeling the pinch more and more acutely. CNS reported on this back in May when gas was a mere $3.50 a gallon, unlike the current average national rate of … Continue reading
Who needs gym memberships to keep fit when you can exercise with fellow parishioners right at church? That’s what plenty of Hawaii Catholics are doing lately, according to a story in the June 27 issue of the Hawaii Catholic Herald. … Continue reading
Kris Dmytrenko, an associate producer at Salt + Light Television, Canada’s Catholic network and one of our bloggers over on the CNS World Youth Day blog, has a scoop of sorts. Click here to read his post from earlier today.