Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: February 2008
We had great coverage this week of the 150th anniversary of the Lourdes apparitions. Our photos and graphics manager, Nancy Wiechec, filed some wonderful images (like the one at the left) of pilgrims gathered in Lourdes to mark the date … Continue reading
Looking for some new recipes for Lent? The Arkansas Catholic asked its readers for their family favorites and came up with 113 suggestions, all of which can be found here. Surely you can find one that’s worth a try.
An updated Vatican phone book was finally released this month. Strangely enough, it looked thinner than the last one. In fact, the 2008 elenco telefonico lost 61 pages, almost 30 percent, from its previous edition. What did they cut out? … Continue reading
If you’re a Catholic in the pew wondering why the church holds the position it does on immigration reform, this story in the Intermountain Catholic in Salt Lake City could be worth a look. The head of that diocese, Bishop John … Continue reading
He’s 101. She’s 99. And they’ve been married 83 years this month, long enough to wind up in the book version of Guinness World Records. Meet Clarence and Mayme Vail and read their story of faith in The Catholic Spirit … Continue reading
Dozens of students and teachers at a Minnesota Catholic school volunteered to have their heads shaved to raise funds for a classmate who was diagnosed with a cancerous brain tumor. Details are in The Catholic Spirit, which reports that the … Continue reading