Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: November 2007
CNS Rome bureau chief John Thavis reports that Cardinal Tarcisio Bertone, the Vatican secretary of state, made the announcement today. As we reported in October, the pope’s new encyclical is on Christian hope.
Update: Here’s a photo of the Catholic press meeting at the Vatican with Cardinal William J. Levada taken by Chris Gunty of the Florida Catholic:
It’s not every day that a group of reporters can sit around the conference table in the doctrinal congregation’s inner sanctum and toss questions at its cardinal-prefect. U.S. Cardinal William J. Levada, named to head the Congregation for the Doctrine … Continue reading
This one looks like a winner! The Catholic Spirit in St. Paul, Minn., has announced “a new blog by staff photographer and outdoors columnist Dave Hrbacek” called “Faith Outdoors.” Located at http://www.faithoutdoors.blogspot.com/, Dave’s blog looks like it’s perfect for anyone who loves … Continue reading
With the U.S. bishops’ meeting earlier this month in Baltimore, it would be easy to miss another story taking place at the same time — the celebration of the bicentennial of Mount St. Mary’s University and Seminary in Emmitsburg, Md. … Continue reading
Anna Weaver, writing in the Hawaii Catholic Herald, reflects on the simple gifts everyone should be thanking God for — including, for Hawaiians, “We live in a state that is beautiful and warm year round.” Bishop Thomas J. Tobin, writing in … Continue reading