Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: November 2007
To kick off your Christmas season, St. Anthony Messenger magazine offers a feature on a group of monks near Chicago who have run a Christmas tree farm for almost 40 years. The article says selling Christmas trees “is more than … Continue reading
This fall’s Associated Press stories about sex abuse in the public schools have been called a wake-up call for the nation, but now the National Catholic Register is wondering if the news media are being unfair by not giving the … Continue reading
Here’s the rundown for the latest edition of Origins: CNS Documentary Service dated Dec. 6: Muslim scholars have proposed that love of God and neighbor be the basis for a dialogue with Christians. Key to the outcome of such a … Continue reading
Click here for our main story on the pope’s new encyclical.
The much-awaited movie review of “The Golden Compass” has been completed by the USCCB Office for Film and Broadcasting. It gets an A-II — adults and adolescents. An excerpt from the review: Most moviegoers with no foreknowledge of the books or Pullman’s … Continue reading
That’s the great headline on one more tribute to newly elevated Cardinal John P. Foley, this time from Bob Zyskowski, associate publisher of The Catholic Spirit in St. Paul, Minn. (Pardon us for dwelling on Cardinal Foley stories this week, but we … Continue reading