Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: June 2007
A sign of the times: A Nigerian bishop who already has four priests serving in the Diocese of Little Rock, Ark., promises to send three more. Details on the visit of Bishop Lucius Ugorji are in the Arkansas Catholic.
A sign of the times, Part 2: Recent ordinations in the Diocese of Honolulu symbolize that the U.S. priesthood is becoming more ethnically diverse and that the average age of new ordinands is increasing. The Hawaii Catholic Herald reports on … Continue reading
This week’s Origins: CNS Documentary Service returns to texts from the Catholic Theological Society meeting as well as a speech by the pope on European culture and the “crisis of modernity.” The details: Two experts examine issues behind the sexual … Continue reading
Here’s more proof that the debate continues to simmer over whether to deny Communion to Catholic politicians who support abortion: Msgr. J. Gaston Hebert, administrator of the Diocese of Little Rock, Ark., (the diocese has been without a bishop since … Continue reading
Amnesty International’s new policy calling for the elimination of penalties for anyone who provides an abortion or obtains one is still being debated in the pages of the Catholic press. The National Catholic Register editoralizes that Amnesty is “baldly misrepresenting … Continue reading
If you’ve seen or plan to see the new motion picture “Evan Almighty” (the one about a modern-day Noah and his ark, if you’ve just emerged from under a rock), you may want to read this article in The Tidings … Continue reading
Interesting stuff in this week’s Origins: CNS Documentary Service: Cardinal Cormac Murphy O’Connor of Westminster, England, takes a wide-ranging look at Muslim-Christian relations in a post-Sept. 11 world. (Subscribers: click here) Three lay theologians examine the U.S. bishops’ 2005 text on … Continue reading