Recent CNS Blog posts
- Puerto Rico: ‘An unprecedented level of need’
- Historic Tomb of Michelangelo and altarpiece in dire need of repairs
- A look back at the Legion of Decency
- Jamboree called ‘life-changing event’ for youths, adults
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 23, 2017
- John C. Quinn tended to the ‘least of these’ in U.S. newsrooms
- Some cheese with your ‘whine’: Pope ‘establishes’ complaint-free zone
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 16, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 9, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, July 2, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Daily Archives: May 15, 2007
Two Baltimore parishes are responding to the city’s high murder rate with positive actions of their own, according to The Catholic Review, Baltimore’s archdiocesan paper. One is giving $50 to anyone who brings in a working gun, no questions asked.
No, that’s not exactly the headline on this story in Catholic New York about legendary baseball star Babe Ruth’s youngest living granddaughter’s recent visit to the New York church where the Babe attended Mass. She discovered during the visit how … Continue reading
The Catholic Sun in Phoenix reports that thousands of children in the Phoenix Diocese are choosing confirmation names and that catechists are using the process as a way of introducing the children to the communion of saints.