Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Daily Archives: May 4, 2007
Kentucky Derby fever was racing through one local community because of a Derby horse named Dominican — as in the religious order — and another one named Sedgefield. The Record, the Louisville archdiocesan paper, reports that nuns at one local … Continue reading
The Catholic Voice in Omaha, Neb., reports on the 30 nuns who came to a reunion last month of participants in a Creighton University study on calcium intake and bone health. Now known as the Omaha Nun Study, the effort … Continue reading
In the wake of the controversy in St. Louis over rock musician Sheryl Crow’s fundraising appearance for a Catholic hospital, the St. Louis Review clarified that a St. Louis archdiocesan Sunday collection for the hospital will still take place, though … Continue reading
On a day when dozens of marches were held across the country for immigration reform, The Michigan Catholic covered Detroit’s rally. The paper’s story includes a link to the Michigan Catholic bishops’ statement on immigration reform issued only days earlier.
Here’s the rundown on what’s in the latest edition of Origins: CNS Documentary Service: Does the hope for eternal life remove Christians from the world and time in which they live or compromise their commitment to build a better world … Continue reading