Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 25, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets
Monthly Archives: May 2007
The Intermountain Catholic in Salt Lake City has posted the third podcast of Bishop John C. Wester, this time focusing on the Eucharist. Questions covered: Why is the Sunday Eucharist important? What does it mean to say “the Mass never … Continue reading
Efforts to fight pornography have been getting increased attention in recent months. The latest: Churches in the Kansas City area are petitioning six county governments in the region to convene grand jury investigations into sales of pornography. They also are seeking enforcement … Continue reading
Earlier this month we posted a link here to a story about a pilot program in the Pittsburgh Diocese for parish life collaborators where a pastor is not able to serve. Now comes word in the Pittsburgh Catholic that the … Continue reading
A good overview of how church leaders and others are using the latest audio and video tools on the Internet, such as YouTube, for evangelization and other purposes is provided in the National Catholic Register.
Memorial Day has passed, but it’s not to late to read this feature in the Catholic Explorer of the Diocese of Joliet, Ill., about a local family whose observance of the holiday changed this year after the death last December … Continue reading
A variety of interesting texts in the latest edition of Origins: CNS Documentary Service: Cardinal Roger M. Mahony of Los Angeles explains why the church considers the U.S. immigration system unjust and in need of reform. (Subscribers: click here) St. … Continue reading
Differences of opinion between ministers, people in the pews studied — The Michigan Catholic, Detroit Kentucky parishes cautioned on partisan political activity — The Record, Louisville, Ky. Teen turns graduation project into her cause — The Catholic Northwest Progress, Seattle