The pastor of the parish in Blacksburg, Va., near the Virginia Tech campus is a native of the Detroit area, so The Michigan Catholic called him to see if he had a message for Catholics far from the tragedy. The priest, Father James Arsenault, told the paper the grace of God is stronger than any evil and said he was grateful for the messages of support he received from Detroit acquaintances. A separate story in the same edition asked Detroit priests and others to reflect on where God was in the wake of the shootings. The Tidings in Los Angeles also published a story on how local Catholic college students and administrators were reacting to the massacre.
Recent CNS Blog posts
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 18, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 11, 2017
- Guest column: How are your technological ‘practices’ affecting your memory and imagination?
- Guest column: I didn’t sign up for this. Or did I?
- REWIND: Pope Francis on God as our Father
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, June 4, 2017
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 28, 2017
- Protecting children: Don’t let dedication deplete reserves of compassion
- REWIND: Busy morning at the Vatican
- Word to Life — Sunday Scripture readings, May 21, 2017
Follow us on TwitterMy Tweets