As February draws to a close, so does Catholic Press Month, but you can and should appreciate the Catholic press, which, year-round, in season and out, gives you news of not only your local Catholic community but of the church in the world — in print or online.
We try to routinely highlight great stories in Catholic publications, and I could easily fill up this space with the mention of even a couple. But here’s just a random sampling to check out:
– Using social networks to spread the good news, The Catholic Herald, newspaper of the Diocese of Sacramento, Calif.
– Priest earns national honor as a police chaplain, Florida Catholic, newspaper of the Diocese of Orlando, Fla.
– A meal without meat … can be pretty delicious, Hawaii Catholic Herald, newspaper of the Diocese of Honolulu.
– Martha Williamson and “Touched by an Angel” still touching lives, Today’s Catholic, newspaper of the Archdiocese of San Antonio.
– A slide show on Haitian relief, The Compass, newspaper of the Diocese of Green Bay, Wis.
– E-mails from the front, The B.C. Catholic, newspaper of the Archdiocese of Vancouver.