To demonstrate the great cultural and multicultural vitality of the church, the prayer of the faithful is often recited in different languages.
Yesterday’s papal Mass in Washington was one of those instances. Six languages were used. Here are the English translations of the five Mass intentions not said in English, followed in parentheses by the language in which the prayer was uttered:
– For peace in our world and for the safety of those who seek to achieve it in our fragile world. (Tagalog)
– For children everywhere, may they be blessed with good health and caring families. (Korean)
– That our actions of personal sacrifice will help to alleviate any suffering taking place in our city, nation and world. (Vietnamese)
– For those who are ill, may they be healed through God’s infinite mercy. (Igbo)
– For all who have died, that they may attain the fullness of life in the kingdom of heaven. (Spanish)
Filed under: CNS